The current food system is broken - it gives priority to large commercial farmers, leaving small scale farmers out in the cold.
Our vision is simple: Restore the dignity of small scale farmers & poor rural communities as key players in the food production value chain. Why?
- To protect livelihoods by ensuring fair prices & reasonable profits for small scale farmers
- Create a collaborative network of small scale farmers across SA for better efficiencies in the value chain
- Build local food economies to promote sustainability & employment opportunities
- Increase food security & reduce the direct impact of hunger at household level
- Improve access to quality fresh produce in poorer households
If our vision resonates with you, place your order & pledge your ongoing support for Locally Grown!